1. Who is Metro Design Studio Salons?
Metro Design Studio Salons was the first to bring the self-contained, studio salon concept to St. Louis in 1999. Owned by three, life-long St. Louis-area professionals, including a hairstylist with more than 30 years of experience, Metro Design Studio Salons has locations in University City, Chesterfield, Des Peres and Creve Coeur. In addition, our General Manager has managed salons for over 17 years. We are proud to include more than 90+ hairstylists, nail technicians, estheticians and massage therapists as tenants; many having been with us for more than ten years and planning to stay.
2. What are the advantages to renting a studio from Metro Design Studio Salons?
Metro Design Studio Salons is St. Louis-owned by three professionals who call St. Louis home and are invested in the community. Our modern salons provide the perfect combination of privacy, convenience and community and offer a number of amenities to our tenants including:
- A hydraulic shampoo/cutting chair, hood dryer, sink and abundant, custom-built cabinets and high-end finishes in each studio.
- Floor to ceiling walls in every studio for privacy, no transfer of chemical odors and minimizing noise between them.
- A break room at each salon location, complete with a washer and dryer, dining area, microwave and refrigerator.
- Ample parking at all locations.
- Salons are conveniently located and easily accessible.
- Free Wi-Fi for tenants and their clients.
- The freedom to decorate their studios to suit their personal taste and create the perfect atmosphere for themselves and their clients by painting the walls, hanging the art they love and playing their favorite music. The possibilities are endless.
- No added fees for utilities or maintenance.
- A key to their studio and the main salon entrance providing 24/7 access to their businesses.
- Competitive rental rates.
- Windows in several of the studios and single and double occupant studios. You also have the option to share a single studio with a friend by working opposite schedules.
- Enjoy the freedom to carry what retail and back bar products that you choose. Or if you prefer, carry no retail products at all.
3. What are the hours of operation?
Tenants are able to work whenever they need to be in their studios for their clients; with access 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
4. Will I feel closed off from the rest of the salon while working in my studio?
Actually, our salon professionals and their clients think Metro Design Studio Salons is the perfect combination of community and privacy. Your clients will love the personal attention they receive from you, when needed, you can close your studio door for extra privacy. Tenants visit with each other when walking down the hall or while in the break room and waiting areas. You will find each location offers a friendly and inviting environment; as our salon professionals socialize with ease throughout the day.
5. Who books my appointments?
You do, and who better for the job? Gone are the days of appointments that are booked incorrectly. Because you know your client’s needs, you will maximize your time and your earning potential.
6. Who is responsible for repairs?
If there is a problem in the common area or with the equipment or cabinetry provided by Metro Design Studio Salons, call our General Manager and the problem will be resolved. You are only responsible for replacing your studio's light bulbs, cleaning the inside of your studio and cleaning the hair trap below your sink.
7. How do I pay my rent?
Your rent will be automatically debited from either your savings or checking account. Metro Design Studio Salons offers several options for setting up your debiting schedule.
8. Am I ready to move to Metro Design Studio Salons?
If you have an established book of clients, are business oriented and customer service driven, Metro Design Studio Salons may be the perfect fit for you. Ask yourself the following questions:
- Do I want to manage my own career and stop working for someone else?
- Does an environment comprised of other independent, dedicated individuals like myself sound like a place I want to work?
- Am I tired of the drama associated with many salons and instead want to be surrounded by mature, business people who love working in the salon industry?
- Do I want to test the idea of being a business owner without the typical overhead expenses and staffing issues associated with salon ownership?
- Do I want to work for a St. Louis-owned business that has a vested interest in me and my community and has a proven track-record of success?